jeudi, décembre 08, 2005

my dream.

last night i went to sleep to the sound of the pouring rain tapping against the two windows of my room. i'd been talking, over the past couple of days, with people from america who'd told me about the snow they'd had in philly, and boston, and new york. i guess that's why i dreamt that there was some sort of blizzard in paris. it wasn't a long dream or a particularly involved one, but i dreamt that i went to the window in my kitchen and saw tons of snow coming down. the dream was so mundane that when i woke up this morning i thought it just might be true. i stayed in bed for a bit hoping it was true, knowing it would be completely unlikely, since it hadn't even been quite as cold this week as it has been. when i finally got out of bed to look out my window, there was no snow, and i couldn't tell much else about the weather because the window overlooks my courtyard, which blocks all signs of sun or any other kind of weather besides rain.

i was bummed. i'd had visions of trudging in my ugly snow boots through the small streets of paris, the parisians having no idea what to do with themselves in such weather, dog shit everywhere, and cigarette butts mountaineously high. but then i walked outside to find that today, which, by the way, i'll be spending holed up in reid hall trying to work on 1 of my 3 oral presentations, is one of the most beautiful days we've had in a while. god i love paris.