lundi, octobre 03, 2005

other metro differences part 2 and the new year.

first, i get cell phone service on many of the metros. you might think it's my cell phone service (orange), but everyone seems to get service since they either talk or text on the metro, so i'm inclined to believe it's not. either all the towers are better here or the metros are just not as far underground. i'm not sure.

second, in this lovely city, when the public transportation people say they're going to strike, they strike. unlike in new york, where last time the mta workers threatened to strike (and i crossed my fingers praying for no school), they stayed up all night and worked it out, these metro dudes are having none of it. screw negotiations. tomorrow they strike. of course it's rosh hashana so it won't really make a difference to me.

ah rosh hashana. as i got out of the metro on my way to the rosenbaums for the holiday, whistling (which my cute grammar teacher who now hates me--we'll get to that later--told me only men do in paris) i felt like the holiday was in the somewhat cold, but eye-squintingly bright air. it has that feeling of wearing a bit too warm of jacket, feeling like it should be a bit cooler than it is out, and of tashlich. maybe to others that's called fall (or autumn). i don't know.

anyway, on the metro on my way over a man several rows away from me was staring at me totally befuddled by the fact that one could possibly blow his/her nose for as long as i was going. and he kept watching me, doing a half-smile, probably wondering is she really going back for another square of that pink toilet paper in her backpack? what the hell does she have up there? well guy, i don't know.

and lastly, my grammar teacher. i switched sections today because the other section conflicted, but i totally forgot my revised composition because i was used to being in the section that meets tomorrow. so of course, i go over to prof. thuiller and tell him i don't have it, that i'm not coming to school until thursday because of religious reasons, and can i give it to him then. first he's pissed, but then he has to act all nice because it's a religious thing. so he says he understands. then i get a scathing email from my advisor who tells me it's fine to miss class because i don't travel on the holidays but it's not fine to not have my work. but seriously! i just switched sections! chill the hell out. and if you're gonna be pissed at me, oh-cute-grammar-man, tell me. not my goddamn advisor. pussy.

shana tova.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hey Lisa, Fuck your pagan grammar coach and the french horse he road in on. Damn the man, save the empire!

octobre 04, 2005 3:48 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home