jeudi, septembre 29, 2005

straight from the pages of glamour. (or, what i learned on my first shopping expedition in paris.)

deep purple and deep green are so in right now. i bought clothing both these colors. ballet flats with a nice string woven through them are also a favorite. scarves scarves scarves. cowboy boots (obvi).
i walked around my area and went to mango, zara, h+m (which is essentially around the corner from me), and some random stores that look like them but are slightly cheesier. i must admit, zara here is better than h+m in the states. it's a bit cheaper with cooler stuff. it's nothing like the one in the states though, because things are cheaper and it doesn't have as much of a "high-end" look going for it. h+m here reminds me of the h+m's in america that aren't as good as the original on 51st on 5th (like the one in herald square). mango's great. just swell.

on my way into h+m, they took my two paper bags with purchases from outside (always paper here, never plastic bags) and stapled them so i couldn't steal. nice.