mardi, novembre 15, 2005

être en retard = to be late. alternatively, my alarm clock troubles.

those of you who know me (at all), know that i am incapable of being late. i'm always five--usually ten--minutes early for class, and end up sitting outside my classroom reading the dp and waiting for the class ahead to finish. trying to change to become an "on-time" person, or at least one who arrives two minutes ahead of schedule, never works for me, because if i leave five minutes later than i usually do, i end up sprinting because i think i'll be late. this accomplishes little, as i end up at class just as early as usual, only flushed and out of breath as well.

the past two weeks, however, thanks to my undependable alarm clock, things have changed. i slept entirely through my grammar class last week, which is bad news considering the fact that i've missed that class most thanks to the holidays. then today i woke up five minutes before my history class began. it was fun to get dressed and run to class, fall up the stairs, and walk in red-faced and almost twenty minutes late. so maybe all i need to do is make my alarm clock fail me, and i'll become an "on-time" person. if only there were a way to force mistakes...