lundi, octobre 24, 2005

the last of the holy days.


so i'm finally reaching the end, which is very much relieving. today i handed in my first paper for my french university class. i wrote (columbia university) next to my name so my teacher should know that i was actually trying my hardest when i wrote the thing, it's just that my french sucks. however, when i got to class, it became abundantly clear to me that this was unecessary, as my paper would be readily recognizable as a foreigner's. why? because nobody in france types anything up! i already sort of knew that since my friend ora asked me to help teach her how to touch-type (like that's a teachable skill), because no one here does. they write on these weird graph-looking papers that are attached. i don't know how they don't type it up--i mean their outlines must be crazy and stuff, and they can't copy and paste things and move them around. what's funny about it all is also that a whole bunch of people didn't have their papers ready and so she said she wanted them by thursday. however, since they don't have them saved on their computers, they can't just send it via email. so, the teacher gave them her home address. how funny it all is.


anyway, i'm going to keep myself busy this holiday by reading catcher in the rye (started it, loving it, realizing that holden's just a crazy neurotic), and my guidebook on copenhagen. can i get a what what.

oh yeah, i got some new music. i'm seriously a much happier camper with music in my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger zack said...

lots of people haven't read your stupid book.

no biggie.

octobre 27, 2005 5:03 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home